domingo, 3 de octubre de 2010

Lewis & Clark


Talking about them both, is talking about the first expedition held in the US which contemplated the whole territory of that country from east to the Pacific Ocean. Meriwether Lewis and William Clark were two soldiers from the United States army who provided the first descriptive map of a mercantile route to the pacific, in order to transport resources and people through it.

In my opinion, although this is an admirable fact (because they didn't have many resources but they were able to held and extensive journey) I can't consider it as heroic, because if they wouldn't have done it, somebody else would have. Is something natural on humans to board our minds, or expand our horizons, so it isn't something that nobody else would have consider to do.

After all the things I read, I can conclude that, although this expedition was a huge risk, an important sacrifice, it worth everything for this country. They found new natural resources, new places to live and a new mapping. It was a little conquest done in the US, by people from the US.

4 comentarios:

  1. I agree with you when you said that, regardless of what they did, they cannot be considered as heroes.
    I think that the most important fact that makes them famous, is to have being the first ones in what they did, but it doesnt mean it was an awesome and heroic deed.
    Thats what I think, see you in classes!

    Ester

    ResponderEliminar
  2. As my classmate said before, the can not be considered as heroes because anyone could have done it instead of them. It is true that they played an important role but a hero is not in charge of expeditions.

    Excellent job with your research.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I totally agree with you Nicole, because a hero is someone who does something special for people such as save lives, fight for lands things like that. However, I can make my own espedition and I'm very sure that I wouldn't be considered as a hero.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Nicole I agree with you too, I consider that they are not hero because, anybody is able to do what they did, you only need to have the physical and mental strengh.

    ResponderEliminar